Generation:DeviantBattle!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generation:DeviantBattle!

Deviants, unite to fight!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Basic Gameplay

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chaosvii7
Admin
Chaosvii7

Basic Gameplay Empty
PostSubject: Basic Gameplay   Basic Gameplay Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 2:37 am

I've got a good draft of the system right here.

My DA Journal wrote:

I've already got a basic plan for the battle system that I'd like to explain. It is heavily inspired by Naruto Ninja Way, Naruto Ultimate Ninja, and Marvel vs Capcom:Clash of the Super Heroes.

Each character has 4 Attack buttons(WASD) and 4 movement buttons{Up, Down, Left, Right). W, A, and D are the basics:

W is light attacks.
A is heavy attacks.
D is throws, or a projectile attack.

The S button is for special attacks, which require a certain amount of power to use. The bar of energy has 4 notches, 1 being the lowest and weakest, 4 being the highest and therefore most powerful. You'd need to fill the gauge, which starts at 1, to use the attacks. You can't select which one you use, meaning that having at least 2 on the bar makes you do Special 2. If you have just a little bit over the desired amount, that little bit stick around afterwards and just the 2 will be deducted.

The shield button is useful only really for blocking light and heavy attacks. With specials, you can deal chip damage. But, with at least one bar of energy, by pressing both W and A at the same time will make the character perform his/her Force Breaker, which will break the shield and stun(or blackout) the fighter.

Each character also gets to choose an assist character that can be summoned with a blue stone. They do one attack, often an attack the didn't do as a player(an example is on Silver Hood's sheet). Anybody can use anybody else as an Assist.

Also, something I neglected to mention:

Any special Attacks that launch projectiles(like some sort of fireball lanching attack for Special 1), will have a unique system all their own.

The system is one that allow you to hit high, low, or medium. And just as there's 3 types of aiming areas, there's 3 types of Projectile attacks.

Bash Projectiles are good for one incredibly strong hit.

Stock Projectiles are projectiles made to deal rapid hits of smaller amounts.

Net Projectiles are weak projectiles, that are rather useful when you're low on health, or like to play cheap. Though they don't deal great damage, and could be blocked easily, their hits send you FLYING.

And each type of projectile have it's own best efficiency point. As in:

Bash works best when aimed High.

Stock works best when aimed Medium.

Net works best when aimed Low.

The catch to this? You only have 2 Seconds to aim and shoot an area. For a player with an untrained reflex and eye, this could be a turn-off, but for any decent and experienced player, it's just as easy as winning the fight, and all a matter of how fast they can hit the up arrow.

Not everyone needs a projectile attack, but I devised this system in terms of giving it a twist on gameplay, rather than being bland and boring.

Last edited by Chaosvii7 on Wed May 05, 2010 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://generationdb.forumotion.com
Daichi

Daichi

Basic Gameplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic Gameplay   Basic Gameplay Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 2:58 am

i like the projectile mechanic, except for the two second window for aiming.

i think its a little two long. in brawl, i can do mario's turnaround fireball, which requires a press within the first 4 frames of the attack. and angling his fsmash is even easier, with a lovely 6 frames to choose my angle. and this game runs at roughly 60 FPS.

however if these are going to be those cool looking MVC "screen goes dark, character pulses, big portrait in the back in a cool pose flys by and the battle cry sounds" specials, it'll work, seeing as the press can be done within that little scene. but if this will be perhaps like JUS, where specials have a little windup but ultimately come out pretty fast, where are you getting these 2 seconds?
Back to top Go down
Chaosvii7
Admin
Chaosvii7

Basic Gameplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic Gameplay   Basic Gameplay Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:05 am

Daichi wrote:

i think its a little two long. in brawl, i can do mario's turnaround fireball, which requires a press within the first 4 frames of the attack. and angling his fsmash is even easier, with a lovely 6 frames to choose my angle. and this game runs at roughly 60 FPS.

however if these are going to be those cool looking MVC "screen goes dark, character pulses, big portrait in the back in a cool pose flys by and the battle cry sounds" specials, it'll work, seeing as the press can be done within that little scene. but if this will be perhaps like JUS, where specials have a little windup but ultimately come out pretty fast, where are you getting these 2 seconds?

Touche. I'm thinking them up.

Perhaps we could do away with the window, and just do it by frames.
Back to top Go down
Daichi

Daichi

Basic Gameplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic Gameplay   Basic Gameplay Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:07 am

Chaosvii7 wrote:
Daichi wrote:

a window of time would be fine, so long as it was varried by attack and limmited to the attack's startup frames rather than a set time for all attacks.
Back to top Go down
Chaosvii7
Admin
Chaosvii7

Basic Gameplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic Gameplay   Basic Gameplay Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:11 am

Daichi wrote:
Chaosvii7 wrote:
Daichi wrote:

a window of time would be fine, so long as it was varried by attack and limmited to the attack's startup frames rather than a set time for all attacks.

I'll go back to the drawing board about it, right now I need sleep. 3. 3 in the morning, and for a few comments, in addition to this. Hopefully, I can make some decent progress between then and whenever I actually hit the edit button. G'nite.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Basic Gameplay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic Gameplay   Basic Gameplay Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Basic Gameplay
Page 1 of 1